Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Weather in Gurgaon ....

As a write on an early Wednesday morning sitting at my table in my room in Gurgaon, the weather outside is terrific. It is raining for the past one week, the temperature has come down drastically, the humidity is superb, the whole atmosphere is so very romantic. It reminds me of my school days in my hometown Bangalore. The weather used to be so good, all those early morning cycling to get to the school, walks in the afternoon, cricket in the evenings, chaats thereafter. During those days i never thought weather is something people crib about. Well i realised it the hard way, when i landed at Delhi airport when the thermometer read 49.5 Celsius.
Bangalore has lost most of its weather, but there are instances such as today which takes me back to those days and engulfs me with the blazes of my sweet childhood memories.

So you can ask me what am i doing inside the room when the weather outside is so pleasant. Well, i have a job and i need to get to that, pleasant or unpleasant, the job has to get done. Moreover, if i want to share a cup of coffee with anyone in this romantic weather, there is no one here, i am all alone and tied to my room. So i think it is better to get to office and join those innumerable conversations about the weather and how v r subjected to sit inside the office and generate revenue for the company !! :)

It is very hard to imagine Delhi/Gurgaon to be this way in the middle of may, instead of the sun breathing down our back it is the rain which is providing an umbrella of clouds for us!

No comments: