Friday, July 06, 2007

Yet another Dehradun trip !!

Yup, I had been to Dehradun yet again. This time around i was fortunate enough to visit Mussoorie too. I tried to convince three of my friends to take sick leave to accompany me to Mussoorie, and i was successful with one of them !, but as fate would have it i had to travel alone. Well, during the journey i became friends with the driver and we had a nice conversation through out and he narrated some of his experiences to him. It was different but it was interesting.

This time around the journed was awesome. It had rained the previous night. Early in the morning, dew drops had settled on the grass and it was reflecting the golden rays of the sun. It was a wonderful treat to the eyes. Then came the pine trees, with their long brown tree trunks and the dark green leaves and the lush green carpet around them, it was a sight worth watching. I was very much ecstatic looking at the very sight in front of my eyes. I was happy that i came to this place at the right time.

I set out in the morning at around 2:30 in a Innova. The driver was good, the road was clear and we were in Dehradun by 7 types. Then our little hunt for our little place started and instead of doing the southern leg i ended up doing the northern leg first. Well Mussoorie at 8 in the morning is a wonder by itself. At around 7000 ft above sea level, one can look at the clouds below. The mist on the green tops of the mist will play hide and seek, simply exaggerating the beauty the mountains hold.

There was a wishing well on my path. I stopped the car and looked into the well. At 6500 ft, how can one expect the well to have water within 50 ft. Guess there is some sort of an imbalance in the table.

Whtevr it was, this was one of the most wonderful short trips i had.

No comments: