Friday, February 08, 2008

"My Precious" diary

It is always a pain to find time to blog. Not that you are too busy or something, whatever free time one gets, they do not want to spend time in front of the laptop. I prefer reading to blogging. I hang out with friends, watch some movie or something. But sometimes i feel, there are lots of things happening in my life and my memory is not able to keep pace with my life. So there should be some way i would like to revisit the experiences i have had. One sure way to do it is to catch up with those people with whom you shared those experiences. A simpler way and a personal way to do is to keep a diary or blog. I am not that determined or disciplined to keep a diary of my own.

During my childhood days i felt that i have to keep a diary. It might be more because of more of what i had heard than the actual need for it. That diary will be 'My Precious', it will have all those thoughts i have in mind. I will pen down each and every experience i will have. I will be truly honest with my diary and it will be my best pal. The euphoria around the diary or the mere thought of having a diary and to be honest with it was a big thing to me in those days.

Well, i thought more about it than actually starting one. I got one of those big diaries my dad had and filled up the contact page with the beautiful handwriting i had then :). Then my siblings, as curious as they are, started peeking into what i am doing with a diary. Well, whoever has siblings understand this. Whenever you need your siblings they are not around or they dony comply. When you dont need them, they are always around and they poke their nosed in everything. Well, this brought me back to the real world. I started to feel that if these people get hold of my diary with my thoughts and experiences in them, they are going to make fun of them and it would be just a matter of time when my friends will be laughing at me. Well i think the fear was bigger than the enthu or i was not matured enough to handle that, my diary started and ended on the same day and i couldn't muster enough courage to revive the enthu back.

Later in life whenever i felt the need for a diary, i had to rationalise it with my bad writing skills and i would rely on my memory. By then, people had started complementing me on the photographic memory i had. Other's belief was my belief and i had decided that i could rely on my memory than a diary and it was an easy and a safer way out.

But very late in my life i realised the importance of penning down thoughts or revisiting the experiences while writing about it. In doing so, one will think more and deeper about it. One will come across different perspectives of looking at the same thing. One will know more about oneself that way, some sort of realization of the self sets in. There will lots of lessons to be learnt all along the way !!!

Well, the boy was 8 yrs then and he is 26 yrs now !!!

No comments: