Friday, February 08, 2008

Travel this week !!!

I have been travelling a bit off late. I always loved to travel but the last week's travel got to me.

My travel schedule was Bangalore - Delhi - Ahmedabad - Delhi in 3 days. All of them were early morning flights (5 am to 6:30 am) and one has to reach atleast 1 hr before the departure and had to wakeup nearly 2 hrs to departure, and all these days i had to wake-up at 3-4 am.

Smart thing to do is to sleep early and wake up early, but my engagements used to keep me awake till 1 or 2 in the morning.I am a person who doesn't get sleep in the flight, most of the time i read or listen to music, if i am not engaged in a conversation with my co-passenger. All in all i got to sleep only for 8 hrs those three days !!! not that it is too less or something, but coupled with the tiresome travel and the work committments it becomes a bit more demanding.

I reachned a stage where i couldn't keep my eyes open, then i realised its time for me to hit bed. I left office at 5 pm, bumping into the client, the vice chairman of the company and all those people whom i didnt want to while i was leavin the office that early. There were raised eyebrows but i couldnt even raise my eyelids. It was one of those moments when Murphy scores a point.

I reached home at 5:30 and hit bed. I got a call from the CEO of the company at around 7:30 and i couldnt figure out what was happening. Apparently he wanted to know my views on something and based on the other people who were on the call i did speak some sense, what exactly i do not have a clue. :)

All in all, it was an exciting and a demanding week. There were few lessons learnt on the personal front.

No comments: