Friday, June 06, 2008

Alice in Wonderland

During the course of the week that just zipped past, I read Lewis Carrol's 'Alice in Wonderland'. The book is kinda nice. After reading few heavy mgmt books, this was a welcome change. What interested me in the book is the imagination of Lewis Carrol. The book is for the kids but there were lots of places where I could relate to Alice and I think others can relate to it. It is kinda funny but good. It is a small book, may take couple of hours to read it.

There were few interesting one-liners I came across in the book. Kept a note of it. Here they are:

o I am older than you, and must know better
o The best way to explain it is to do it
o You don't know much, that's a fact
o Which way I ought to go from here?’
‘That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,’ said the Cat.
‘I don’t much care where–’ said Alice.
‘Then it doesn’t matter which way you go,’ said the Cat
o It is love that makes the world go round
o The more there is of mine, the less there is of yours
o Be what you would seem to be

I am smitten by Lewis Carrol, so I am planning to read his 'Through the Looking Glass' as well.

No comments: