Monday, June 02, 2008

My 101st Post

Till today morning i didn't realise that i have made 100 posts on my blog. The last blog communication 2.0 is my 100th and this post is my 101st.

I started blogging in December 2004, when i came across my a blog written by my senior in college. Since then my blogging has been a bit On and Off. There were periods of intense activity such as my marathon practice, when the "bookworm" bit me, so on. Few of my posts were on what I wanted to post and me getting back to bloggin again just like you meet to discuss when to meet next types. There were several resolutions made to blog consistently and they were broken the next day. I don't know why I didn't blog as I planned to, may be it was the time, may be schedule, may be I didnt have much to share, rather I was not comfortable in penning down things, probably I was afraid that my friends might tease me, may be they might realise that I am stupid, so why risk it. :) . All these were the reasons but not at the same time, but I went through periods for each excuse I have mentioned. Well, over a period of 5 yrs, I think I have been able to overcome some of these and I am still working on some. But new reasons/new excuses have come now, but I will mention them later. ;)

Moving to the content part of it. I started with copying stuffs from the web, sometimes referencing it, sometimes not. Then I slowly moved to writing my thoughts on the article and referencing the article. Then they were poems. I love poems. So I had to share what I liked, so there was this poems fanatic, copying lyrics here and there and putting it in his blog and probably he would have appeared eSmart :) !!!

Then came the personal struggle phase. Where I started penning down my experience in my struggles in the class or on the play field. I think this was the phase I became confident about my writing abilities, and started penning down whatever I felt. I think I wrote few of my interesting blogs during this time. From then on, things became a bit smooth and I started blogging pretty regularly. I didn't want to make any resolution this time around since I had broken quiet a few before. So I decided I will blog only when I felt like doing so. I blogged, when I got an idea or when I learnt a lesson, or when something impressed me a great deal. Then the bookworm bit me, I started writing reviews about the books I read. It helped in recollecting what i read too and helped me in organising and articulating my thoughts too. This way it is kinda nice. I think I am still in that phase and I will be subjecting you to more of these book reviews!

All this while, I have kept my personal life outside this blog and as of now, I have no intention of bringing it on to the blog. Lets see if time changes things.

Thanks to IPL, I have been forced to think on these lines. It took me nearly 5 yrs (4.5 yrs to be exact) to reach my 100th post. I need to see how long will I take to reach the next 100th milestone. I am pretty sure that it will be less than 5 yrs, how short I need to wait and see. Don't worry I will not blog for the heck of blogging.

For all the good times and the not so good times, cheers to blogging !!!

No comments: