Monday, October 23, 2006

StanC Mumbai Marathon

Since childhood i liked to play, run.. i am not sure whether this is correct... I feel i like the smell of my sweat or rather sweat dripping from my forehead... my sweat all over me gives me kinda high.. :) .. maybe its kinda wierd but this is wht i like... due to which i liked runnin.. since thats the simplest thing which makes u sweat..

Then i met these set of ppl from my coll. A major, a CP king, the reserved Tulli and the Amazon Paro who had just began their marathon practise. It was a perfect match. I needed company for me to run and here they were. They needed more people to take part in the marathon. Hence i joined hands ( or legs) with them and then our marathon practise kick started. Running almost daily, following the prescribed schedule sacrosanctly, with disincentive schemes for ppl who miss the training, the marathon practise is on for almost 7 weeks now. Well thats one heck of a time period to sustain something.

The marathon is on Jan 21st but its a 20 week training schedule. Sometimes its kinda interestin, sometimes highly boring, sometimes thrillin and fewtimes extremely painful.. but the gang we are we just motivate eachother and carry on.

I bet if left alone i wouldn't have persued it even though i feel i can run the full marathon with a bit of practise.

No comments: